Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Jansen Family.



My Oma had 5 children those five children gave her 17 grandchildren, and those grandchildren are working on the next generation.

Family portrait, Oma & Opa and their children. Uncle Ben, Nel, Uncle Bruce, Uncle Dennis and Uncle Brian.

Oma, Me and Alex and my Mom Nel.

A few days ago, my cousin Nora gave birth to her first child Kate Elizabeth S., the first grandchild of Uncle Dennis and Aunt Susan, and the 10th? great grandchild to our Oma. I wish she could be here to share in the joy of the growth of her family, and to know that even though we are spread out all over the Country, that we still keep in touch. Emily, Nora's younger sister, hostessed a fine BBQ for us as we passed through MD on our way down, where we had the chance to see their brothers Peter and Brett, Aunt Nikki and her oldest, Eric and his wife Rhonda. Not to mention my Brother Luke, his wife Rosanna and their new baby Kayla. (check out Em's blog for pictures of the BBQ)

We are also in contact with the Jansen's from Colorado, Uncle Bruce, Aunt Barb and their children -my cousins, Cara, Mark and Brad as well as their wives and husband. I enjoy learning all about Cara's Children Payton and Brady, and Mark's Son Nolan.

And last but certainly not least to join this blogging craze are my Uncle Brian and Aunt Denise.

What a blessed Family we have, as Nora quoted beautifully in her latest post.



“My soul magnifies the Lord,and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant.For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed;for he who is mighty has done great things for me,and holy is his name.And his mercy is for those who fear him from generation to generation.He has shown strength with his arm;he has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts;he has brought down the mighty from their thrones and exalted those of humble estate;he has filled the hungry with good things,and the rich he has sent away empty.He has helped his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy, as he spoke to our fathers,to Abraham and to his offspring forever.”Luke 1:46-55

2 comments:

Bluffton Blogger said...

My, my what a cute kid in the front row of the first picture. Oh right, it's me. By my count it is 11....Alex, Jimmy, Max, Katie Gace, Payton, Brady, Paige, Conner, Kayla, Nolan and Kate. Soon to be 12 when Sean and Jenny have their's in Sept.

Cara S. said...

I LOVE that picture of the Jansen clan back in the day...my how we've expanded! And yes, Uncle Brian, you are pretty cute! :)